January 17, 2012

Pick a Pattern {The Wrap Dress}

Having basically spent the past 4 1/2 years breastfeeding my wardrobe options have been somewhat limited so finding a style that both looks good and allows easy and discrete access to the milk bar is always a momentous occasion. 

That's why I was so excited to discover The Wrap Dress by Favorite Things Patterns. {insert happy dance}


The tag line for this Canadian company is "patterns that fit" and it's an apt one. I found both the measurements in the size guide and the materials list to be spot on. 

Although the dress itself had several pieces it came together surprisingly quickly.  The instructions were clear and easy to follow and I think that with a bit of patience even a beginning sewer could achieve a wearable garment.  There is the option to make the dress with or without sleeves, I opted for sleeves mainly to help hide my bingo wings but I am thinking I will try a sleeveless version next as this is a dress I can see myself wearing over tights and a long sleeved shirt come winter. 

Overall I was very happy with the end result of my attempt. I decided to try something a little quirky and opted to finally use the Micheal Miller Gnomeville I had been hording for some time and this is what I ended up with


If there any patterns or styles you would like reviewed please let me know.  I am always happy to try something new.  

Yours in stitches,

Holly

No comments: