October 9, 2012

Hitting Back!!

A few weeks ago I did an ad on Face Book for OZ Handmade and thought I would see how it would go, and if it was a good avenue for advertising.

On average 300-500 people were seeing my posts on the FB page and of the 3000 likers, I thought we will see what the ad will do. If it would bump that up a little.

It couldn't hurt right?

I did the ad over a weekend, it ended up costing about $20, for the weekend. Which I thought would be okay if it would boost OZ Handmade in the virtual world.

So for $20 we got 3 more likers and 8 clicks on the website.  Hmmmm

Not to sure that makes me happy...  That was also with no extra sales for the stores!

So I thought well, that was an exercise I have done it and not sure I will do it again.

BUT.............   to my horror
Since doing the ad, the average people now seeing my posts on the OZ Handmade facebook page has dropped and as yet we have not gone over 150 people seeing the posts.

So the moral to the story, don't do ad's keep doing what you are doing.

At the end of the day they want you paying to promote and to do ad's, but FB I am sorry I wont be doing either again.


Unless I get a voucher to do so again :)


Have a great day


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All I did was look at the info about ads in facebook and the same has happened to me. I was sent a voucher from FB and the people seeing posts has droppped.
Not happy Jan!